Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Buy Jason DeRusha a glass of wine, and Liz Collin a clue

I don't have a lot to say about DeRusha. He noshes and he has a lot of forehead. And if he graces you with his presence at your fundraising event, buy the guy a glass of wine, dammit. He doubled down on that in 2019, if I recall correctly.

I'm fascinated, and bored, with the Liz Collin outrage. WCCO has all the reasons in the world to say it's time to go, and if they don't kick her to the curb, it will fan the Twitter flames when they finally trot her out in front of a camera. That will die down, but Twitter reminders that she's married to a member of the Village People, who most people are less than fond of, will never go away. Maybe they'll die down to one or two instances per month, if Bob Kroll keeps his mouth shut, or goes away.

I will have one more dispatch from the bunker this summer, some time after the holiday weekend. The blog is not back. I just don't have time to eat so much low-hanging fruit.

2 comments:

  1. Lame post. Its like you thought you should post, but didn't really have anything new to say. I count on you for opinionated dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been slowly building a "year in review" piece to share whenever I get off my lazy ass and finish it.

      While I hoped to put it together after the Fourth of July, you're now waiting until late September to sip of my brilliance. I thought a simple note, longer than a tweet, would be of some value to the limited readership I have left in the absence of something more time consuming, for both you and me.

      Clearly I was wrong. Lesson learned.

      Delete