Thursday, July 30, 2015

Carla Beaurline must be a handful

I don't write enough short blog entries about the wonderful world of Twin Cities broadcasters. I need to rectify that.

I wrote about some of our cable access TV stars not so long ago. One of them was the lovely Carla Beaurline. After I wrote about her I did a big of Googling, and I found out that she was once a national television pitch woman. She once worked for the Eden Prairie-based shopping channel that has had several names and incarnations over the years, and did so for more than a decade. While our local shopping channel appears to be the low-rent version of cable shopping channels, it does have a national platform, and those hosts become national personalities for the millions who haven't discovered eBay or Amazon.

Turns out that Beaurline and current Eden Prairie pitch woman Wendi Russo, who seems to have a QVC-sized ego, don't like each other. Now that's hilarious.

I also noted in my cable access TV stars piece that Mike Woodley was allegedly a legitimate broadcasting talent at one point. Not so long ago the "Common Man" Dan Cole was spinning a yarn about the infancy of KFAN radio and nearly started telling a Woodley story. Woodley was part of the on-air talent in those early days, an era where I wasn't tuned into the station. (Not living in the Twin Cities had a lot to do with that.)

I suspect the Woodley tidbit is common knowledge to longtime rubes, but I don't think I had ever heard this.

But it's good to see Woodley has solidly built upon his broadcasting career since hosting a program on the fledging Twin Cities sports talk radio station.

No comments:

Post a Comment